Switch to Accessible Site

We are committed to

providing you and your

family with individualized

and compassionate care.


African American Mother with Daughter
Family Having Fun

Independent Educational Evaluation


Conducted by Keri Mosk, MA, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology)
An Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE) is conducted by a qualified examiner who is not employed by the student's school district.

If a parent disagrees with all or part of their child's Full Individual Evaluation (FIE) provided
by the school district, the parent may ask the school district to provide an Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE).

Parents must:

1. Contact the Executive Director of Special Education in writing requesting an IEE.

2. Request an IEE as soon as possible following the school district evaluation in question.

3. Specify areas of disagreement with the school district evaluation and list assessment questions to be addressed in the IEE.

4. Provide name of the proposed evaluator.

If approved by the school district a contract will be signed between the district and the KCPA provider.

Parents will be required to complete the Patient Demographics / Health History, and Parent Vanderbilt forms found on the Appointment Request Forms page.

With receipt of KCPA patient forms and school district contract, KCPA will contact the parents to schedule the evaluation appointment.



Schedule Appointment

We would love to meet you and your child!